About First State Bank
First State Bank, the only bank headquartered in Tahlequah, was chartered on April 13, 1977. It has been owned by the Squyres-Wells family for 30 years and is a fourth generation bank. Although we are a full-service bank, our greatest lending strength is commercial lending. The lending team at First State Bank has an extensive background in all aspects of commercial lending, including construction, Small Business Administration, and USDA Business & Industry lending programs.
To provide excellent financial services to the city of Tahlequah and its surrounding communities. To be a positive corporate citizen to Tahlequah and to promote the growth and success of the bank and the community it serves.
- The safety and soundness of the bank is paramount.
- We are in business to serve our customers.
- Tahlequah First: We are committed to helping to support the Tahlequah community first and foremost, which includes offering the products and services that our community needs, as well as heavily participating in community events.
- Family Banking: Our small family bank provides our community with an alternative to the megabanks. We strive to build and maintain the relationships we have with our customers and our community. We are accessible from the top down.
- Locally Owned and Operated: Local decisions. As long as the bank is locally owned and operated, it will always have a vested interest in the community that is greater than any bank branch located here. The bank’s capital and deposits stay in Tahlequah. For the same reason, the bank should always strive to shop local.
- Small Business Banking: We are dedicated to offering services to help drive the success of small business and entrepreneurship for our community. Small business is the key driver to the success of the economy and as such it improves the lives of many.
- Strive to Achieve: The bank team at FSB will strive to achieve and continually improve all aspects of its banking. Products and services never stop evolving and the goal is to offer excellent products and services that our customers want and need.
- Take Care of Our Team: We will ask our banking team to work hard and help the bank achieve the goals of our customers. In return, we will strive to offer competitive pay, benefits, incentives, to increase their skill set, and to provide advancement opportunities.